Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Brrrrrr....

Okay, so it is cold outside. At least we don't have snow to contend with. DH and I are busy getting ready to go up north to a quilt getaway weekend and also to visit some friends we have not seen in a long time. This is one of those fun things we are planning to do, while awaiting all the treatment stuff that will come with the prostate ca. The shot brought on some interesting things. Some, not worth mentioning, others like fatigue we were told to expect and yes, here it comes especially every afternoon. That bothers him, but it is a minor annoyance, really. It is not interfering with his activities of daily living, not much anyway. In preparation for our trip next week, we took the car in to have the oil changed, and found out that we also need a new fan belt. Would it be too much to expect that they would have that in stock? Anyway, they will have it in sometime today. Another trip into town. Otherwise would seem like a good day to stay inside and to quilt. I did get 79 blocks made yesterday for a quilt I am co-making with another nurse that I work with. One of our fellow workers got married on Jan. 2 and we decided she needs a quilt. We are doing an Irish chain, in blues and greens and white on white. My blocks will be put together with hers, and I know it will all be lovely, judging from the 9 patches that I made. I just love the way the blues and greens mix.

I want to learn to knit socks this year. That is one of my goals for 2008. I have the double pointed needles, and I do fine with the body of the sock, but cannot figure out the heel thingy. I still have 11 1/2 months, so hopefully I will meet that goal. All for now.....

No comments: